Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Arrival

Well, hell's bells, here I is again in the wonderfulest country ever! The plane ride was nice and easy, not much hassle. I immediately got ripped off when I checked into my hotel and foolishly left the porter way too much money 'cause of a misunderstanding, and was too pussy to ask for it back. Oh well.

Today this taxi driver and his homie rode me all over Mumbai and connected me with a 'sleeper' bus to Goa, and from there I'm going to take another bus to Gokarna. Kind of a weird way to do it, but at least this lets me nab a requested bottle of cheap alcohol for the 'Lex and me, who I'm seeing the day after tomorrow! That's going to be awesome. The bus ride, however, is probably going to suck. I've taken ahem 'sleeper' busses before, and if there's one thing it's impossible to do on them it's sleep. 'Nearly-getting-thrown-off-the-bed-with-every-turn' is more like it. Very much like the triple-decker bus from Harry Potter, except the beds don't slide around.

I'm quite impressed with the speed of the internet, though FB chat doesn't work. I love having to go down a decrepit alleyway and up a sketchy flight of crumbling stairs to find an internet cafe. I love that I've only seen 2 white people all day. I love that I get to hang out the side of the train and feel the breeze on my face (well, actually, 'get to' is the wrong phrasing... more like 'have to 'cause the damn thing's so full!). I love the food and the horns blaring. I fucking love this country. I'm going to find a nice ditch by the side of the road and read a bit, and then, beaches, bitches! Love to y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment